Barton’s real estate group is multifaceted, as its attorneys have significant transactional and litigation experience across the spectrum of commercial real estate. Our transactional team routinely represents owners, developers, lenders, investors and funds in property acquisition and disposition, planning and development, lending, financing and construction. We also represent landlords, tenants and management companies in commercial, office, retail and industrial lease transactions.
We have a top-tier litigation group that regularly represents clients in real estate disputes, including construction litigation, partnership disputes, lending and financing actions, mortgage foreclosures, lease enforcement, brokerage disputes, commercial landlord-tenant litigation and co-op and condo disputes.
Our real estate attorneys frequently work in conjunction with our corporate, tax and bankruptcy attorneys to ensure that our clients maximize the efficiency and control of their real estate assets and investments, while minimizing their exposure to adverse market conditions and parties.
We provide a full spectrum of real estate services to our clients, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Due diligence
- Acquisition and construction financing
- Development and construction
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Commercial leasing and property management
- REIT representation
- Lease enforcement
- Commercial and residential landlord-tenant eviction proceedings
- Cooperative and condominium disputes
- Commercial guaranty actions
- Real estate brokerage disputes
- Construction and mechanic’s lien litigation
- Mortgage foreclosure actions