Jessica M. Jimenez is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Department. Jessica represents a variety of domestic and international clients, ranging from start-up businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Jessica regularly advises clients in an outside general counsel role on a variety of matters, including those in the areas of corporate formation and governance, contract, securities, commercial lending, real estate, intellectual property, employment, and pre-litigation dispute resolution. Further, Jessica counsels clients in the negotiation and consummation of asset and stock purchases, mergers, corporate reorganizations, transfers of interest, buy-sell agreements and corporate redemptions.
Although Jessica’s practice remains focused on contractual matters and business transactions, she has also taken part in the prosecution and defense of claims of securities fraud, misappropriation of corporate assets, RICO, breach of contract, copyright and trademark infringement, employment discrimination and labor law violations.
Prior to pursuing a career in law, Jessica was Marketing Director of AdvantEdge TV Advertising, where she worked closely with the general counsel of the firm, negotiated talent agreements with members of the Screen Actors Guild, and license agreements with healthcare networks, financial institutions and regional retail companies. She is fluent in Spanish, proficient in Italian and brings a variety of cultural experiences to the practice that enhance the overall diversity of the firm.
- Capabilities / Experience
- Representative Matters
- Quotes, News & Publications
- Chartiable & Civic Involvement
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Securities Regulation
- Copyright and Trademark
- Commercial Disputes
- Real Estate
- Media and Entertainment
- Private Equity
- Financial Services
- Fashion and Technology
- Securities Compliance
- Represented investment advisor in acquisition of hedge fund.
- Outside general counsel for Spanish hotel chain with New York operations.
- Counseled multi-company photo studio enterprise in corporate reorganization.
- Advised global print solutions company in connection with the launch of its international joint ventures.
- Prepared private placement materials for start-up and existing financial services and hospitality clients.
- Negotiated employment agreements and severance packages for C-level executives.
- Represented US subsidiary in connection with $350 million global credit facility.
- Advised public relations firm in national roll-out of ad campaign for Fortune 100 tech company product.
- Pre-litigation settlement of partnership dispute on behalf of a member of a multi-restaurant partnership.
- Early stage ADR resolution of various international maritime disputes on behalf of one of the world’s largest suppliers of commodities and raw materials.
- Secured trademarks for fashion designers, hospitality business and multinational advertising firm.
- Advised printing firm on copyright infringement prevention and protection.
- Counseled lead investor in connection with expansion of luxury women’s clothing line
- Represented private equity firm concerning its $56 million divestiture of fund’s final portfolio company.
Quotes, News & Publications
- Staff editor, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal (21 Hofstra Lab. & Emp. L.J. 1, 2003).
- Staff editor, Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal (21 Hofstra Lab. & Emp. L.J. 2, 2004).
Chartiable & Civic Involvement
- Executive Committee Member, Trustee, Amber Charter School, East Harlem, New York
- Executive Committee Member, Trustee, Westchester Hispanic Coalition, White Plains, New York
- Past president, Current Member, Sigma Lambda Upsilon non-profit community service organization.
- Charities served include New York Cares, the Avon Breast Cancer Walk and The March of Dimes.
- Volunteer, New York County Lawyers’ Association Legal Counseling Project (pro bono), 2006-2007.